Twin Engine Coffee
The Power In Your Cup
If you don’t think your coffee purchase can make a difference, think again. At Twin Engine Coffee, they make their coffees locally where they grow in Nicaragua. They're more than a coffee company, they're a coffee community. Twin Engine works 100 percent at the source with farmers, tasters, roasters, bag-fillers, designers, and transporters to create new opportunities while making exquisite coffee. They all work together to guarantee only rich & flavorful, zero-defect, naturally shaded, mountain grown organic coffees make it to your cup.
By containing the entire process to the local community where the coffee is grown, they're able to keep 400% more resources in the local community than coffees roasted in the United States. That makes them a fully bean-to-bag organization & one of the only “Roasted At The Source” organic specialty coffees on the market.
Twin Engine History
Thanks to you, Twin Engine is celebrating 10 years!
In 2013, two mission-focused agricultural economists had a revolutionary idea: Coffee in- Poverty out. Twin Engine Coffee was founded in Nicaragua to prove the viability of making specialty coffee at the source. Standard Fair Trade coffee only leaves behind about 20% of your coffee dollars in the local community. At Twin Engine, they quadruple that number.
But Twin Engine isn’t only a social enterprise. When they started the company, they knew that the primary focus must be on taste and quality. And high-quality coffee is dependent on its source. Twin Engine offers uniquely delicious tastes of Nicaragua. Each of their coffees is specialty grade and scores more than 80 points on aroma, body, balance and more. They eliminate defects commonly present in commercial coffees through a 20-step process from farm to roast. Each Twin Engine Coffee brings its own unique characteristics reflecting its growth region, variety, drying style and other unique elements.
Write Yourself Into This Transformative Story!
When you purchase Twin Engine Coffee, you are:
- Breaking generational cycles of poverty by creating entirely new opportunities in Nicaragua.
- Restoring deforested mountain ecosystems for thousands of migratory bird, flora and fauna species through consistent farm income and support.
- Expanding organic coffee production and solar power. Twin Engine is USDA Certified Organic from farm to roast. YES! Their coffee beans were always dried in the tropical sun, but now, they use solar power for everything!
- Helping Twin Engine achieve a zero waste mission. They have many creative initiatives to utilize items previously wasted and transform them into products benefiting the community. Have a look at Caturra Tea from organic coffee fruits (aka cascara) and Coffee Wood from annual coffee tree pruning.
- Telling women business owners to keep going! Dr. Andrea Woolverton (co-founder & owner) was raised in a Missouri farm family and then became an agricultural economist. She has spent her career answering tough questions in our global food system.
- Creating opportunities for Nicaraguan artisans. Twin Engine launched the Origin Creations line to help local artisans connect to you and created CoffeeWood by Twin Engine Coffee to teach new artisans how to make organic CoffeeWood scoops and spoons!
Have you seen their beautiful Origin Creations Wallets?
Origin Creations by Twin Engine Origin Creations Artisan Leather Card Wallet Electric Black SKU: 237811
Twin Engine Coffee Twin Engine Coffee Organic Cattura Tea 4.2 oz. SKU: 235701
Twin Engine Coffee Twin Engine Coffee Organic Estate Breakfast Ground Coffee 14 oz. SKU: 235681
Twin Engine Coffee Twin Engine Coffee Organic Honey-Bear Edition Whole Bean Coffee 10.5 oz. SKU: 235695
Origin Creations by Twin Engine Origin Creations Artisan Leather Bi-Fold Wallet Saddle Brown SKU: 237808
Twin Engine Coffee Twin Engine Coffee Organic Ground Cuban Style Coffee 7 oz. SKU: 235692
Twin Engine Coffee Twin Engine Coffee Organic Ground Coffee Variety Pack 16 (2.1 oz.) bags SKU: 235696