Bulgarian yogurt starter culture is the creamiest of the thermophilic heirloom yogurts. This yogurt starter can be re-cultured indefinitely with a small amount of each batch used to make the next batch. Thick, rich, and mild, Bulgarian yogurt is similar to "European-style" yogurts. Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter. Activate 1 packet of yogurt culture using 1 quart pasteurized milk; store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up.
- Room temperature: 3 to 4 months
- Refrigerator: 9 months unopened
- Freezer: 12 months unopened
Organic milk, live active cultures.
- Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter culture
- Activate 1 packet using 1 quart pasteurized milk (store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up)
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance
- Suitable for use with pasteurized whole milk and with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care