Brand of the Month: Kirk's Soap
Who We Are:
We are Katherine & Molly Oliver – two sisters turned CEO-moms. We are proud to carry on our family’s soap making tradition. Our vision is driven by our desire to create high-quality natural products for both our growing family’s as well as yours.
We believe good products don’t need to be complicated. That is why we like to keep it simple. We only use clean and safe ingredients that are sourced and derived from nature. We hope you find our updated packaging appealing to a new generation and our new products fitting for a head to toe, simple clean!
- 1839: Since 1839, Kirk's Castile Soap has provided consumers with high-quality soaps at an exceptional value because we believe everyone should have access to natural cleansers. This principle dates back to our founder, James S Kirk.
- 1859: In 1859, Kirk’s relocates from Utica, New York to Chicago and sets up shop. The plant was located on North Water Street in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1930: 1929, the James S. Kirk company was purchased by Procter and Gamble in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ultimately, the five story building located on North Water Street was demolished.
- 1989: Kirk's celebrates 150 years of natural soap making and offers an unparalleled clean. Kirk’s packaging has been a natural evolution throughout the decades and natural industry!
- 2005: In 2005, Kirk’s becomes Kirk’s Natural and relocates to Erlanger, Kentucky. Kirk's is now located across the river from Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 2011: Molly & Katherine Oliver return home to work the family business alongside their father, Rich Oliver. Their dream was to proudly carry on the family’s soap-making traditions and continue the Kirk's legacy!
- 2013: Kirk’s Soap has been produced without interruption for nearly 175 years. With the success of the Kirk's Original Coco Castile Fragrance Free Bar, Kirk's Natural debuts their new light blue wrapper to help distinguish it from the original bar.
- 2015: Kirk's Natural made the decision to offer full disclosure of ingredients in our Kirk's Coco Castile Soaps. We recognize that our consumers have more desire to understand what is in their products and deserve transparency.
- 2017: Kirk’s Natural is proud to announce that all of our 100% pure coconut oil Castile bar soaps are Non-GMO Project verified.
- 2018: In 2018, Kirk's debuts a NEW look! While we may have a new look, our Kirk’s bar soap retains the original Castile, all-vegetable based formula that has inspired generations of loyal consumers since 1839.
- 2019: Now all of our clinically tested, natural hypoallergenic Bars & Liquids are Non GMO Project Verified.
Kirk's also launches two, exciting new products: 3-in-1 Head to Toe Nourishing Cleanser and Odor Neutralizing Hand Wash which naturally eliminates stubborn kitchen odors like fish and garlic, and is tough on everyday pungent odors, dirt and grime. As with our bar soap, our new products are still made in America and always safe for the whole family.
Kirk’s is the only coconut castile soap brand continuously made since 1839. We only use 100% natural ingredients for health-conscious families who want every day, high-quality cleansing products – free from chemicals – at a good value.
- Leaping Bunny cruelty-free certification
- Certified Gluten Free by the National Celiac Association
- Proven to be safe for sensitive skin, certified hypoallergenic and non-irritating