What is a Buying Club and What are the Benefits?
Are you interested in purchasing mindful, eco-friendly products? Do you love supporting local? Is saving money important? Do you enjoy being part of a community of like-minded people? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, starting a buying club with Frontier Co-op (located in Norway, Iowa) is your ticket to healthy living and serious savings.
Who is Frontier Co-op?
Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative supporting natural living since 1976 — owned by stores and other organizations that buy and sell our products. You may recognize our brands: Simply Organic and Aura Cacia Aromatherapy, and may have even seen them locally in your local grocery or natural food store. We sell organic spices, seasonings and herbs as well as aromatherapy and ready-to-use skin care products. There's also another side of the business. It's a little known secret that we also carry other manufacturers’ products - 8,000 of them to be exact. Some big names like Burt's Bees, Tom's of Maine and Seventh Generation all the way to small, up-and-coming brands like The Seaweed Bath Co., Raaka Chocolate and Earthy. We mainly sell to retailers (online and in-store) as well as buying clubs.
What's a buying club?
A buying club is comprised of individuals, organizations or families ordering collectively to receive wholesale prices. Members share opinions and learn about products from each other, while reducing packaging and carbon emissions through consolidated packing and shipping. Whether you're a large church organization or a group of close-knit neighbors who want to buy natural products, there are many benefits to starting and managing a buying club. For a one-time $10 fee, you become a lifetime member and get access to these low wholesale prices. In addition, you also get to vote on the co-op board and issues, and receive an annual share of the co-op's profits! YOU are the owner.
What do I need to start?
• Find 5 or more interested households (these can be friends, neighbors or even family members) and designate the primary account holder to manage billing orders for the group • Complete our online application or call our Customer Service team at 1-800-669-3275 • Pay the one-time $10 membership fee, which is part of the member-owner application (you’ll receive our lowest prices and annual patronage) or skip the membership fee and purchase as a non-member owner (you’ll pay a small surcharge and miss out on patronage) • Order, receive and divvy up among members and enjoy the savings
What does this mean for me?
- Save money on over 11,000 natural and organic products! From spices, teas, coffee, personal care and cleaning supplies to grocery, supplements, health food and baby care
- Access to 300 of the top health and wellness brands, and we're bringing in more every month • Free shipping for orders greater than $250 (for example, 10 people order $25 worth of products)
- The ordering process is simple for your group – each shopper has their own invoice and account, but the owner approves everything
- We offer free pick-up (in our Norway, Iowa location) as well as ship to all over the continental United States
If you value saving money and controlling where you purchase your natural products from, we encourage you to consider starting a buying club with us. We’d be happy to walk through questions you have and help you navigate our catalog and online store.
To sign up, call us at 1-800-669-3275 and/or email at [email protected]