Giving a homemade gift to someone special is the ultimate expression of personal love and generosity. Customers are becoming savvier and more mindful about the personal care products they’re putting on their skin. DIY Gifts not only save money (often times buying materials in bulk and making multiples), but can be tailored to the receiver.
Check out these simple DIY Gift Giving recipes to position on your shelves this holiday season. For further sales support, reach out to your Inside Sales Representative.
Cinnamon Clove Essential Oil Ornaments
- 1 cup Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Clove Bud Essential Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sea salt
- 2 cups water
- parchment paper
- 1 plastic straw
- raffia ribbon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add water and oil gradually, stirring continuously until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Knead for a few minutes. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
- Roll dough flat on parchment paper so that it’s 1/4-inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter or make your own designed with a small knife.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using straw, place a small hole in the top of each cut-out.
- Place ornaments on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven, turn ornaments over and place back in oven.
- Bake for 1 more hour, or until ornaments are very firm, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Thread with ribbons and hang on tree! (Makes 24 ornaments)
Cacao Vanilla Bean Soap with Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1/2 fluid ounce Aura Cacia Vanilla (in jojoba oil)
- 1/2 fluid ounce Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 2 1/2 pounds melt and pour soap base
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs, chopped into fine granules
- 1 vanilla bean, chopped into fine granules
- 9-by-9 nonstick cake pan, greased with cooking oil
- wax paper
- silicon spatula
- kitchen scale (ounces)
- Line greased pan with wax paper, folding excess over rim and taping edges to sides or bottom of pan, then set aside.
- In double boiler over simmering water, heat soap base on low until melted, then remove from heat.
- Add cacao nibs and vanilla bean to pot. Stir until smooth, well combined and cool enough that a “trace” develops when you lift spoon and allow excess to run onto surface of mixture. Stir in essential oils.
- Pour into pan and allow to set up.
- When firm, turn soap out of pan and cut to size. Let sit for 3 days before using. (Makes 18 small bars)
Wax Sachets with Lavender & Sweet Orange Essential Oils
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Aura Cacia Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1 pound beeswax, divided
- 24 lavender sprigs
- 12 orange slices, dried
- 5 to 10 plastic straws, cut into 1-inch sections string or ribbon
- In a heavy bottom saucepan over low heat, heat beeswax just until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in essential oils, then carefully pour about 3/4 of the wax into silicon molds to a depth of about 1/4 inch.
- When wax has partially set up, but is still warm and pliable, insert the straws to form holes for the hanging string or ribbon.
- While the remaining wax is still warm, dip lavender sprigs and orange slices into wax and press them into wax in silicon molds.
- Using a paint brush, carefully paint a thin layer of wax over the botanicals. Let sit until cool.
- To use, hang wax sachets wherever you want to add a decorative touch and impart their aroma. For more translucent sachets, substitute paraffin wax for the beeswax. For a variation of these sachets, substitute other dried botanicals for the lavender sprigs and orange slices.